Pages

Anja's Artblog

Friday 15 February 2013

The Beauty in Decay

Hello everyone. :)
We've been given a new long-term project for University. It's to do with recording our lives and the things that excite us so basically doing lots of observational drawings. We also should consider the way we display all these drawings.
Since I'm mostly interested in capturing the beauty of decay in my works it was an obvious choice to pick an old book from a charity shop to work in instead of a brandnew, perfectly bound sketchbook without character. These old books really do have a lot of character and stories to tell - just as the things I like to observe with my drawings so I guess it's a suitable display. :)
Anyway, I splattered some paint all over the pages to cover up some of the images and texts in there and to create some very interesting pattern and textures as well as different colour schemes - for every drawing I do in there now I'll be able to pick the perfect background. I did use acrylics for this in combination with coffee and salt - my all time favourites. It definitely was a lot of fun and I'm very much looking forward to filling all those pages with drawings of strange things.

 

The first thing I put in there yesterday was a bunch of flowers. Actually I wanted to paint them some weeks ago when I got them but I never got down to do it... Fortunately though, because they've only gotten prettier with time and fit the theme of my book much better now so it was pure joy for me to draw them. ♥

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

It's for all the lovers out there who's love might not be in full bloom today but who patiently hold on to it because they know some day it will bloom again.
I hope you had a lovely St. Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

  1. Ich mag das soooo sehr! Das ist eine wirklich wunderbare Idee in ein Buch zu zeichnen.

    Ich würde das wirklich gerne mal durchblättern wenn es fertig ist. Zu schade, dass ich nicht auch in England lebe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hab vielen Dank für deine lieben Worte. :)
      Freut mich sehr, dass es dir schon jetzt so gefällt, bin selber ganz gespannt, wie es sich entwickeln und zum Schluss aussehen wird. :)

      Delete
  2. Ich stimme Linda zu, dass ist eine wirklich tolle Idee ^^ Generell habt ihr so tolle Projekte *_* wenn ich so eine Chance bekäme, würde ich sie aufjedenfall ergreifen xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich danke dir. :D Ja, tolle Projekte geben sie uns wirklich, besonders immer solch offene Aufgabenstellungen, dass man da alles draus machen kann.:D Diese Freiheit schätze ich sehr. :>

      Delete
  3. I really like this decaying bulb character. I actually like the whole decaying beauty concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      I'm really glad you do.:)

      Delete