Pages

Anja's Artblog

Thursday 17 November 2011

Snow Fairy - W.I.P. II

After a few more rubbish not so good attempts I would say this is the first time I produced a fairly good result with soft water colour washes...:) still needs improvement but I'm quite pleased. Memo to myself: alsways use a hundred times more water than pigments...it's not called water colour without reason.
Anyway, this is the final design of our fairy now. Lovely thing isn't she? Becca is going to make a clay version of her for our music box, can't wait to see that.
She's probably the only fairy without any wings...well, she allegorises a snowflake, falls from the sky and dissolves again through melting - what would she need wings for?


I also sketched all the 34 pages. Need to get started with the colouring now, we have to have the printversion next Friday..:/ I'm a bit scared to be honest, still not very confident..

1 comment: