Thursday, 24 November 2011
Snow Fairy - W.I.P. IV
When I approached the end of those drawings the difficulties started to heap up. It's usually when you think you finally got used to a new technique that things go wrong the most isn't it? At least those are also the things which help you the most to get better.
I used masking fluid again which was especially effective for the gloweffects of the lantern. Btw, you should always use the same very old brush to apply the fluid since it will literally kill it within seconds. PLUS never use too much of it and give it enough time to dry otherwise you'll tear the paper like it happened to me. And honestly, it's SUCH a pain to try to apply washes on teared water colour paper...
That was even more of a pain to work with...
But eventually I finished all pictures and only have to bring them in book-form now. Adding text, printing, sewing it all together....I'm just hoping we don't want to produce too many copies.
Posted by Anja